About the Role
As a System Administrator at Y&D, you will play a pivotal role in ensuring the smooth operation of our IT systems. You will be responsible for the design, implementation, maintenance, and optimization of our network infrastructure and servers. This position offers an exciting opportunity to work on cutting-edge technologies and collaborate with a talented team of IT professionals.
- Server Management: Configure, maintain, and troubleshoot Windows and Linux servers to ensure optimal performance and reliability.
- Network Administration: Manage and maintain network infrastructure, including routers, switches, firewalls, and VPNs.
- Security: Implement and monitor security measures to protect the organization’s data and systems from cyber threats.
- Backup and Recovery: Develop and execute backup and disaster recovery plans to safeguard critical data.
- User Support: Provide technical support to end-users, addressing hardware and software issues promptly and professionally.
- Documentation: Maintain comprehensive documentation of IT systems, configurations, and procedures.
- Patch Management: Keep systems up-to-date with the latest security patches and updates.
- Capacity Planning: Monitor system resource utilization and plan for capacity expansion as needed.
- Collaboration: Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify and implement IT solutions that meet business needs.
- 24/7 Support: Participate in an on-call rotation to address urgent system issues outside of regular business hours.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field (or equivalent work experience).
- Proven experience as a System Administrator or in a similar role
- Strong knowledge of Windows and Linux server administration.
- Proficiency in network protocols, configurations, and security (TCP/IP, VPN, Firewalls).
- Familiarity with virtualization technologies (VMware, Hyper-V).
- Experience with cloud platforms (e.g., AWS, Azure) is a plus.
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- IT certifications (e.g., CompTIA, Microsoft, and Cisco) are a plus.