About the Role
As a Desktop Support Specialist, you’ll be the first point of contact for our internal users, providing technical assistance and support for their desktops, laptops, and software applications. Your primary objective will be to ensure that our employees have the tools and resources they need to excel in their roles while maintaining the highest level of customer satisfaction.
- User Support: Provide prompt and friendly technical support to end-users, addressing hardware and software issues, troubleshooting network problems, and resolving technical inquiries.
- Hardware Maintenance: Perform hardware upgrades, repairs, and replacements as needed. Install and configure desktops, laptops, and peripherals.
- Software Support: Install, configure, and troubleshoot software applications, ensuring they are up-to-date and compatible with company systems.
- Documentation: Maintain accurate records of support requests, resolutions, and hardware/software inventory. Create and update user guides and documentation as needed.
- Security: Implement and enforce security protocols to safeguard company data and systems. Assist with cybersecurity initiatives and ensure compliance with IT security policies.
- Collaboration: Collaborate with the IT team to implement technology improvements, software updates, and system enhancements.
- Training: Provide training and guidance to end-users on technology best practices and usage.
- Experience: A minimum of 5 years of experience in desktop support or similar IT role
- Education: A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field is preferred but not required.
- Technical Proficiency: Strong knowledge of Windows and Mac operating systems, Microsoft Office Suite, hardware troubleshooting, and remote desktop support tools
- Customer Service Skills: Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a strong commitment to delivering top-notch customer service
- Problem-Solving: Proven ability to diagnose and resolve technical issues effectively and efficiently
- Team Player: A collaborative mindset with the ability to work well within a team and provide support to colleagues
- Adaptability: Willingness to adapt to changing technology and business needs
- Certifications: Relevant certifications such as CompTIA A+, Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician (MCDST), or similar would be a plus.